As we begin a New Year, we want to share with you the most recent update on the Henry Ku‘ualoha Giugni Digital Archives. We are pleased to report several milestones have already been accomplished as we continue Phase II of this project and begin planning for Phase III. First, after an international search, Janel Quirante has been hired as Head Digital Archivist. Janel earned her Masters in Library and Information Science from the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa and worked as a videotape preservation technician at the Bay Area Video Coalition in San Francisco and as the Visual Materials Archivist at the Hoover Institution Archives at Stanford University before joining the HKG Archives. The other good news is that the Archives has secured a permanent home at UH-West O’ahu’s Library, scheduled to open in Fall 2012. Finally and most recently, the Archives has acquired SAMMA videotape digitizing equipment to help with preservation needs. Staff continues its work in preserving, cataloguing and preparing media content for an on-line research environment.
- Contact Zone and ‘Ulu’ulu Present Remember When Screening at Contact Zone located at the Surf Jack Hotel & Swim Club April 6-21
- Paid 2018 Summer Roselani Media Preservation Internship
- ‘Ulu’ulu 2017 Annual Newsletter
- HIFF 2017 – Documenting Activism: The Early Days of the Native Hawaiian Movement
- Filipino American History Month
- Contact Zone and ‘Ulu’ulu Present Remember When Screening at Contact Zone located at the Surf Jack Hotel & Swim Clu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- 'Ulu'ulu will be screening footage as part of Contact at the Surf Jack Hotel & Swim Club. These films shown are 8mm… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago