As we begin a New Year, we want to share with you the most recent update on the Henry Ku‘ualoha Giugni Digital Archives. We are pleased to report several milestones have already been accomplished as we continue Phase II of this project and begin planning for Phase III. First, after an international search, Janel Quirante has been hired as Head Digital Archivist. Janel earned her Masters in Library and Information Science from the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa and worked as a videotape preservation technician at the Bay Area Video Coalition in San Francisco and as the Visual Materials Archivist at the Hoover Institution Archives at Stanford University before joining the HKG Archives. The other good news is that the Archives has secured a permanent home at UH-West O’ahu’s Library, scheduled to open in Fall 2012. Finally and most recently, the Archives has acquired SAMMA videotape digitizing equipment to help with preservation needs. Staff continues its work in preserving, cataloguing and preparing media content for an on-line research environment.
- Introducing our 2019 Roselani Intern
- Spring 2019 Interns Zachary Carlos and Lauren Kato
- Paid 2019 Summer Roselani Media Preservation Internship
- Introducing our 2018 Roselani Intern
- Contact Zone and ‘Ulu’ulu Present Remember When Screening at Contact Zone located at the Surf Jack Hotel & Swim Club April 6-21
- Pioneer news personality, Linda Coble, visited 'Ulu'ulu today! We enjoyed hearing the incredible and rich behind th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- The Association of Moving Image Archivists shared this article on the trials that archivists of every sort face. Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago